Even though I use a Mac most of the time, I am still obsessed with security whether it be related to files, apps, or the web. Personally, I have taken some extensive measure to protect myself and my data:
- Encrypted user folder
- Custom Firewall installed on both my computer and my home router
- Sophos anti-virus installed with custom scans running every hour and
- Encrypted backup drive, media drive and portable thumb drives
- Text files with all of my passwords so I can copy them into my browser
window, evading keyloggers
- Firefox add-ons including: Adblock Plus, BetterPrivacy, DONotTrackPlus, FlagFox, Ghostery, HTTPS-Everywhere, WOT (WebOfTrust), NoScript, RefControl, and RequestPolicy
- For even sketchier browsing, I use [Tor].
Also, I plan on paying for a VPN service to anonymize my network traffic. Suggestions are welcome.
So, what about you guys? Tell me what type of security measure you have implemented for yourselves.