Question, did you know every day food could kill your pet? (Happy now?)
Well i know that there are a lot of pet lovers out there in the community, not all know about the dangers of leaving things out, not that your dog will eat it and you'll be mad, but what you've left out could potentially kill them.
This fruit is very toxic to dogs, cats and most animals. They contain a toxic component called 'Persin' which can cause heart, lung and tissue damage in animals.
this can cause vomiting, paralasyse or even death. Animals can develop symptoms within 12 hours of consumeing nuts, Symptoms include inability to stand or walk, vomiting, hyperthermia (elevated body temperature), weakness and an elevated heart rate. These symptoms can be even worse if your dog eats some chocolate with the nuts. The effect can cause kidney failure, often leading to death.
Chocolate contains Theobromine. This chemical which can kill your pet if eaten in large quantities. Dark and unsweetened baking chocolates are especially dangerous. Theobromine can also cause a dog or cat's heart to beat very rapidly or irregularly, which could result in death if the pet is exercising or overly active.
Candy or anything containing Xylitol (a common sweetener found in some diet products) can cause a sudden drop in an animal's blood sugar, loss of coordination and seizures. If left untreated, the animal could die.
Coffee, tea or any product that contains caffeine stimulates an animal's central nervous and cardiac systems. This can lead to restlessness, heart palpitations and death, depending on how much the animal consumes.
Grapes and raisins
Grapes and raisins can lead to kidney failure in dogs. As little as a single serving of raisins can kill them. And the effects are cumulative, which means that even if a dog eats just one or two grapes or raisins regularly, the toxin that builds in his system will eventually kill him.
Onions can be highly toxic to pets. They can destroy an animal's red blood cells and lead to anemia, weakness and breathing difficulties. Their effects are also cumulative over time.
Hide medicine from your pets just like you would from your children. The most common cause of pet poisoning is from animals ingesting a medicine or drug normally prescribed for humans.
if your dog or pet is sick, don't attempt to give them medicine that you take or have, because chances are it's not safe for them and could kill them. Acetaminophen and ibuprofen, the active ingredients in many pain killers, are extremely toxic to dogs and cats. They can cause gastric ulcers, liver damage, kidney failure and sometimes death.
The question has been closed for the following reason "Not a Question." by Alastor Moody Sep 29 '11 at 22:51
Guys, if it isn't a question - don't post it. This website is all about community questions and answers.
answered Sep 29 '11 at 22:51
Alastor Moody ♦♦
an update, xylitol, an artificial sweetener in many products is very dangerious for dogs, it can cause hypoglycemia very quickly and in low dosages. the problem with this artificial sweetener is that it's in many products that we consume.
answered Sep 29 '11 at 22:35