login about faq

To prove you're not a spammer, email newuser.lgqa@gmail.com with the subject "Account Request" to request an account.

I've seen a lot of movies where the edge of the screen is stretched, like in here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VESAIuEJ9T4 - preferably at 3:16. Does anyone here know what type of lens that is? Is it wide-angle lens?

asked Nov 10 '11 at 21:03

showbizpizzablog's gravatar image


It's a fisheye lens. The one used in the shot at 3:16 is probobly zoomed in, or just a very mild fisheye with less concave.

answered Nov 10 '11 at 23:55

hansring's gravatar image


It's also called a Pincushion distortion.

answered Nov 11 '11 at 00:30

showbizpizzablog's gravatar image


Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Join Us in the Chat Room



Asked: Nov 10 '11 at 21:03

Seen: 542 times

Last updated: Nov 11 '11 at 00:30