Due to lack of competition in the USA; i see that you pay extremely high prices for Cell Phone usage, beit data, SMS or talk time.
Since this forum is used by users from all around the world I was wondering what you all pay for your cell phone contract?
Remember to convert it from your currency into USD using something like xe.com
So everybody copy and paste the following, and then complete it :o)
1) Which cell phone do you have?
1) iPhone 4 (32gb)
When all of the fees/ taxes and other crap is added up, I pay about $80 a month for t-mobile, this covers 3 lines, 3 standard cellphones, texting, 1500 anytime minutes (though they barely get used up since I also have free mobile to mobile calling, and free nights and weekends (no data)
if you want to save money, go with the "free" dumb phones that the phone company offers, they work great for voice calls and can often go a week or more without having to recharge the battery.
you will save a lot of money that way, and if needed, you can just get a a used smartphone then insert the sim card into the smartphone then you will have smartphone functions at the dumbphone price (if you live in the city then the wifi coverage is good enough that you do not need a data plan.
United States (T-Mobile and Simple Mobile (MNVO of T-Mobile)):
1) T-Mobile MyTouch 4G, 2 Samsung Exhibit 4G's
3) $130 (I have 3 phones)
4) $130 ($45 for T-Mobile) ($85 for Simple Mobile for the Samsung Exhibit 4G's)
4a) Unlimited Talk, Text and Web for all phones
Dominican Republic (Orange Dominicana)
1) iPhone 4
2a) 6 years
3) RD$11,580.00 ($300 US) for the unlocking, phone import and customs from England, and 2 months of payment upfront.
4) I pay RD$2,702.00 ($70 US) a month
4a) Unlimited talk, text and web plus International calling
5) Dominican Republic
1) Which cell phone do you have? = Samgsung Galaxy Gio
2) Are you still in contract? Nope Pay as you go over here.
2a) How long is/was your contract? Non contract pay as you go.
3) How much did you have to pay up front? Bought the phone outright paid $146.697 + GST and PST taxes
4) What do you pay each month to your provider (Not including extra charges)? Paid $50.00 Canadian which is $48.9021 US every two months for my voice and texting.
4a) What did you get for that? Galaxy GIO with battery, data cable, and wall charger.
5) Where you from? Canada.
1) Huawei U8350
answered Jun 18 '12 at 01:08
1) I've been with Sprint for about a decade. I haven't once, ever, dropped a call.
2) No, my contract expired years ago.
2a) 2 Years
3) I don't remember, it was so long ago. I pay retail for my phones to avoid contracts altogether.
4a) Unlimited data, premium data, unlimited mobile to mobile (not just Sprint; any mobile), unlimited nights and weekend, unlimited incoming, unlimited roaming. The only time I use minutes is when I place an outbound call to a landline during the weekday, which is rare. I used 70 Anytime minutes last month.
1) HTC One X 2) Just started 3 months ago 2a) 24 Months 3) £89 4) £27 4a) Unlimited Texts, 300 Minutes, 500 Extra O2 to O2 Minutes, 500mb Data 5) United Kingdom
answered Jul 05 '12 at 05:13
1) iPhone 4s 2) Yes 2a) One Year 3) Nothing 4) 65 Euros ($80) 4a) 300 minutes talk, unlimited text, unlimited data 5) The Netherlands
answered Jul 05 '12 at 19:08
1) Samsung Galaxy Nexus (4g)
2a) 3 years (2.5 years left)
4a) 300 minutes during the day, unlimited from 6PM to 8AM, and weekends, 500mb data per month.
5) Quebec Canada
answered Sep 23 '12 at 15:04
nice question , though some facts are off :)
First there is no lack of competition in the USA or a lack of options cell phone plans are very reasonable compared to many many places in the world the US pays nickles to the dollar for many things the issue people run in to more then not is abuse of the system which cost them tons more is better rather then moderation..
thing is it not just customers who abuse the system in the US its the companies to moderation is never good enough in the US you can not go out and by a sinple basic phone and plan no more if you not getting a smart phone your out of luck last time I hada cell contract the lowest cost phone I could find was over $300 and the most basic plan forced me to pay $80 and for that I could not even call the other phone on my plan free any time day or night I paid standard per min charge to call any and everyone its a plenalty for not wanting there smart phone and plans ..
answered Jul 05 '12 at 08:35