True / False?
- A variable in computer programming, is defined as a named location in memory.
- Flowcharting is standardized and has special symbols for start, stop and decisions.
- Unlike flowcharting, pseudocode uses standardized symbols to visually depict an algorithm.
- In a Visual Basic form using text controls, the font of the control can typically be changed with the Text property.
- You should use a special type of casing, Camel Casing or Pascal Casing, when defining variables and function or procedure names.
- Both constant and variable memory locations should be given labels that are self-explanatory, in order to make code more readable.
- The concatenation operator joins strings together.
- The Code Editor in Visual Basic detects most syntax errors as you enter the instructions.
- Logic errors occur as a result of statements that are correct syntactically, but incorrect logically.
- A Case statement does not allow for multiple logical paths in one statement.
- The Selection structure (if, conditional) can be used to make a decision and then select the appropriate path, depending on the outcome of the condition.
- Only one path in a selection structure can include instructions that perform arithmetic calculations.
- A nested selection structure allows the inclusion of other selection structures, withon the outer ‘if’.
- You cannot use a nested selection structure in Visual Basic. This will result in a syntax error.
- When making an image move across the screen, right to left, typically you should decrease the value of the ’x-coordinate’ component.
- String comparisons in Visual Basic are case sensitive.
- The data type of the expressions in a Select Case statement must be compatible with the data type of the selector Expression.
- The If...Then...Else statement is the only statement you can use to code a multiple-path selection structure in Visual Basic. Theer is no other structure that allows for the selection of different paths.
- All modern programming languages support the inclusion of iteration and conditionals.
- When a loop is placed in a selection structure’s False branch, the loop will be processed only when the selection structure’s condition evaluates to False.
- A counter-controlled loop does not have to increment or decrement the counter variable within the body of the loop. The compiler or interpreter handles this automatically.
- Repetition structures cannot be nested. In other words, you can never have a ‘do while’ within another ‘do while’.
- In a Function declationion in Visual Basic, the set of parentheses (with or without the parameter list) is optional.
- Functions help to modularize code by including a set of instructions in one place..
- Every variable declared in an application has both a value and a unique address that represents the location of the variable in the computer’s internal memory.
- A function, in Visual Basic, should pass back a value via the return statement.
- The elements in a numeric array are all initialized to the number -1.
- The contents of the variables (elements) in an array cannot be displayed. This is the way arrays work, for extra data security.
- If the subscript of an array is not in the acceptable range, this is a logic error and will cause a runtime error called an ‘Array out of Bounds Error’.
- Arrays (in Visual Basic 2010) can store elements that have different data types.
- Scope refers to the area where a memory location is recognized by an application’s code, such as Local Scope and Global Scope.
- Global variables are accessible throughout a module, but local variables, declared within a function for instance, are only accessible within the function.
- Each element in a two-dimensional array is identified by a unique combination of two subscripts that the computer assigns to the element when the array is created.
- Arrays are zero-based - this means that the first element starts at array position 0.
- Functions support reuse of code segments.
- Arrays can be used in parallel to represent related information. For instance, one array can store country details, and another array can store capital cities, at the same index.
- When a form is first opened in Visual Basic, the Form Load procedure is called. Here, initial values can be set for the form.
- The ToString method can be used to convert a numeric quantity to a String data type.
- The TryParse class method can be used to convert a string to an integer.
- The first element in an array has an index of 1
Dec 19 '12 at 20:05