I need to install a full piece of software onto a pen drive as I am at school and I cannot install software onto the school system so I need to be able to boot it and install it on a pen drive.
asked Jan 11 '13 at 07:05
Depends what it is, sometimes you can find the portable versions of programs online, but here's where most are located. I highly recommend you have a jump drive that's at least 4GB or higher. Less space means sluggish software. http://portableapps.com/ There are programs like Audacity, Open Office, uTorrent and even Assault Cube, a Halo/Call of Duty open source game. I'd tell you more programs, but my school blocks the site -__-.
Oh!! Let"s see what we can do oh!! Ya there is one thing
See at home ( I am expecting you are trying to put a game on your school computer )
1) during the install at home when it asks just change the file directory to the pen drive from c drive
2) when it asks you to create a desktop shortcut say yes
3) take that shortcut in your pen drive (simply copy to your pen drive )
4) simply stick the pen drive in and doubleclick your shortcut to run the programme
Cons 1) may require additional allowing or admin permition
2) usually these software files tend to use more than 4gb of space easy so using a cheap pen drive and getting away with it won't be that easy
3) and the last and the biggest con the pen drive is USB 3.0 it might work without problem but if USB 2 then problem at most times as the transfer rate is not fast enoughf any how does not matter usually for small software include counter strike
answered Jan 11 '13 at 09:17