Hello, I am 15 (almost 16) and I really want to start up a small computer business. The only thing I am having trouble with is getting customers. I have tried flyers, Facebook statuses about it, tweeting about it, and even posting on Google+ about it. But I haven't seemingly gotten any attention. THe last thing I was going to try was posting a flyer in a local grocery store and hope for an older customer base. Do you guys have any advice? Thanks in advance.
Answer by Fish · Jun 30, 2012 at 07:14 PM
Work really hard on getting a few good jobs. Then if the customer is happy they may recommend you to others. Thats how I started with my freelance work and now I get work all the time. Make a good impression.
Answer by trueb · Jun 30, 2012 at 07:45 PM
The issue with posting on Facebook and Google+ and what not is friends and family get to see it, and well they don't expect to pay because your a nice guy right?
No offence to tech savvy 15 year old's, I was one too. But the general population would rather take their computer in to get fixed and pay the $120 per hour then pay a 15 year old $20 a hour to do the same thing. It really is not that teenagers are not qualified to do it. The IT solution to 95% of computer problems is to restart. of the remaining 5% its 25% uninstall programs and 75% just re-image the damn thing, its not worth your time. To bad when not in the IT sector no one backs up the data and they seem to have data in every corner of their computer that they need to save.
I have fixed many a aunts computer, I never asked for anything, they are family, but they usually repay with fresh made cookies or other snacks; However, I don't think my landlord accepts cookies as payment. I have also fixed many friends computers, I don't ask for anything either but form time to time they take me out for lunch or I give them a call saying "I need a favor, I need help hiding a body," ok so that has never happened but I do call in favors and most of the time they make good on them, but once again, that does not pay rent. Anyways I digress... You can tell how I feel about fixing other peoples computers.
Back to the topic at hand. I hate to say this, but it is just not a good business to do out of ones home. People like to see a sign in the front of the building not in a residential area that says "[Some Name Here] Computer Services."
I hate to say this too but your better off getting a job at a store that hires 16 year old's and just working there, go to college to do whatever you want to do and get a job in that field.
How do i make a successful website? 4 Answers
transparent website ads 0 Answers