login about faq

To prove you're not a spammer, email newuser.lgqa@gmail.com with the subject "Account Request" to request an account.

I've just loaded up Microsoft Word 2007 only to see that there are some strange lines at the top of the documents page. I don't know what they are but they don't appear in any other Office program. What are they?! You can see a picture of what I mean on my Flickr

asked Jun 15 '10 at 02:51

DazOwen's gravatar image


edited Jun 15 '10 at 02:52

It is not a problem, it is just a aligner to show you how far the typing is from the edge of the page. I don't really know the name, but it is not a problem.

answered Jun 15 '10 at 02:59

kevin's gravatar image

kevin ♦♦

That is part of the advanced paragraph function of Word. It is to help show you where the margins are on the document. It can be turned off from the "View" tab. So yet it is normal and nothing is broken.

answered Jun 15 '10 at 03:32

Craighton's gravatar image

Craighton ♦♦

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jun 15 '10 at 02:51

Seen: 1,399 times

Last updated: Jan 10 '13 at 11:30