charger for the phone has become faulty, I have a charger with the same tip from an LG KP500 but its 0.4v more powerful than the original charger.
So how much damage will be caused by using the more powerful charger?
asked Aug 18 '10 at 15:20
It may cause an phone spoil, meaning the battery wouldn't be able to charge. But that isn't a serious amount of voltage increase to really cause much damage. If you went from like 5V to 9V then you would be asking for trouble. I wouldn't recommend using a charger not meant for your phone.
answered Aug 18 '10 at 15:32